Monday 18 October 2010

Rail Riding


I shot this whilst riding on the Cambridge Guided Bus rail, approaching the underpass of the A14 just out from the Cambridge Regional College.
The rail is baby smooth, (by definition) traffic free and apart from the breaks where there are stations & crossings of/with real roads it is really fast.
Since veering off/to either edge would mean certain injury (going as fast as I do) one has to concentrate quite hard on the rail so watching the countryside isn't possible. For me this is a commute, so I'm prepared to pay that price.
p.s. I fixed the "Private Video" mistake.

2 comments:

  1. I get the message that "This is a private video..." so have not been able to view it. However I also find it easier with the concrete lip on my left rather than my right. In general though I prefer to look around and normally use the path. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie, I had it private whilst I edited out me putting my camera back in my pocket whilst still recording. :-)

    I get what you mean about having the rail on the left. I often find that one lane or the other has another cyclist in it so I take the leftmost lane (we ride on the left, right? ;-)) that's free.

    ReplyDelete