Tuesday 12 October 2010

Helmets on Handlebars.

What the hell? Why, why, why, why, why, why, why do people dangle their helmets from their handlebars instead of putting them on their heads??????

The most prolific culprits of this baffling crime are secondary school pupils. A good while back I used to work near(ish) to a secondary school and almost every child who rode a bike to it (that I saw) either wore no helmet or dangled the bloody thing from their handlebars.

Only this morning a fully grown adult (in his 30's maybe?) rode past me doing it too!

For those who don't know me, I'm an equal opportunity angry cyclist. :-)
I yell at fellow cyclists who jump red lights (I usually accuse them of making us all look bad).

I usually simply yell "helmet!" (good double entendre eh? ;-)) at people dangling the damned things instead of wearing them.

As a small follow-up to this: On Friday evening I was riding home and I overtook a guy riding without a helmet and carrying a quite large pack of nappies on his handlebars. :-O
Seems to me that a fella who has a nappy-wearing baby at home might think about sticking about a bit for the child & wear a helmet. I guess that's just how I might feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment