Tuesday 12 October 2010

Ask the Council to fix Longstanton Road

I've just filled in the form here: http://tinyurl.com/3ae99w3 that the Council supply for reporting defective roads. It comes from one of their PDFs. :-/
It will come as no surprise to regular readers that my preferred solution to the contention over Longstanton Road is to re-surface it and then open it up fully.
Until that happens I'll happily condemn drivers who use the road, mostly because the utterly awful condition of the surface makes my bike and their car have to come together.
Once the surface is clean and I can ride on the left in comfort and safety I'd be happy to share the road, with the proviso that they stay under 40mph.
Jamie (who's brilliant blog I follow) regularly takes pictures of drivers en mass ignoring the no motor vehicles sign.
The Cambridge News has also done articles on the drivers getting Fixed Penalty Notices. This happens once every two years or thereabouts and does nothing to help the problem.
I've decided that only lobbying of councils, the Police and anyone else with influence will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment