Tuesday 3 August 2010

Six-point lorry campaign can reduce road danger for London cyclists

I think the campaign to reduce the danger lorries present to cyclists and pedestrians in London is great, but I wonder how the points contained can be applied to the streets of Cambridge.

I myself have been riding down a long straight cycle path on Huntingdon Road and I found myself to the left of a large lorry that then proceeded to simply wander into the cycle lane.

I was next to the passenger door upon which I banged whilst screaming. The lorry left the cycle lane and I lived.

All the talk of avoiding the front-left zone around a lorry were not relevant to a lorry that wasn't turning left, it was just squashing up against the kerb.

I used the Albtrans web site to complain; that was months ago and I received no reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment